question for Firefox for Mac users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
Hi.

I'm getting reminders it's time to update to the latest version of FF.

I was wondering if anyone has done so yet, and if so, have you encountered any difficulties with it?

I ask because the last upgrade resulted in a "Well, this is embarrassing..." message on opening, if I closed all tabs before closing the previous session. Supposedly this problem was to be addressed in the next update.

So now I want to make sure I'm not going to have even worse problems!

My Mac is a MacBook with OXS 10.6.8

Thanks in advance
Jann

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Which version are you trying to upgrade to? Mozilla pushes out a new version roughly every six weeks. That said, most new releases are pretty safe since the changes aren't anywhere near as drastic as they used to be when Mozilla released a new version every few months.

C

chas_m

Mozilla pushes out a new version roughly every six minutes.

There, fixed that for you. :D

But seriously, if you accept EVERY new revision of FF you'll be spending an awful lot of time reinstalling. I would suggest you ignore the upgrades until a major, stable release comes along (as Van said, about every six weeks -- still far too often but that's them).

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
not sure...

I'm not sure what version update it's telling me is available. Is there a way to find out without downloading it?

Believe me, I don't EVER update immediately, except that one time when I shouldn't have. I have it set to notify me when updates are available. This is the first one I've seen since the last one, which was about 6 weeks ago.

I was hoping someone who had downloaded the newest and was using it could tell me if it was working properly. I'm about ready to dump FF.

Thanks
J

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I was hoping someone who had downloaded the newest and was using it could tell me if it was working properly. I'm about ready to dump FF.
I've never had an issue with Firefox and that goes for the most recent version. Now, I am running the beta but if anything, that should make the risks even greater.

If you're ready to dump Firefox, go for it. There are a number of fine free browsers available for OS X including Chrome, Opera and Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.