iphone 4s sim swap for straight talk

Reaction score
i had gotten my iphone 4s about a month ago and a friend of mine unlocked it for me.i have been trying to do a sim swap with my iphone 4s but its not letting me go into cellular data for some reason. i take my straight talk sim card out and put in the t-mobile one(unactivated). i go to settings, general, and cellular and than i take the t-mobile sim card put in the straight talk sim card but it doesnt stay on that page. it goes right back to the general page. i restored my phone twice now and i still cant get it to work. please someone help me out.

thanks in advance
alizabeth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Once you've had an iPhone unlocked you put the new sim card in, connect it to iTunes and it will activate.

Once that's done you'll be fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What happens with the tmobile sim in?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nothing will happen with the T-Mobile sim card inserted unless it's been activated by T-Mobile. Her post states she used an unactivated T-Mobile sim. She was apparently trying to "fool" the system but it didn't work.

Reaction score
Australia. Just kidding. Somewhere in florida.
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air running the epic Mountain Lion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.