New(To me) Powerbook 3400 :) So excited

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
macmini3399 said:
Well I finally sent my money order for my Powerbook. So Excited, It will probably ship in a week or to. I cant wait till then. Here is the ebay auction for my powerbook.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8757818565&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1
My first Powerpc mac :))

From what I hear, support is very good for legacy software as macs tend to have more staying power than PCs.

My mom used to have one of those... until she sold it on Ebay! :)

OP
macmini3399
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
I cant wait for it to ship, Does anyone know the ebayer zoro?

J

jn4jenny

I don't want to sound like I'm knocking you because I think it's great when Mac users keep the old school stuff alive, but what do you intend to do with your 200Mhz Powerbook 3400? I'm not sure you'll find a ton of support these days for OS 9.1 and you'd have to max out the system RAM to 144MB to get the thing to run 10.2 Jaguar (if the 2GB hard drive would permit it, that is!)

But of course, to be fair, there are still some web browsers that run nicely on OS 9.1. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I think 49.99 isnt very much at all to play and have some fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I had one of these for a while. they are nice little laptops. They have a small footprint, a good display and a sweet keyboard, but they are heavy as a brick. You can't get anyghing new to work with this computer. However you can get all sorts of stuff used on eBay that will work just fine (i.e. serial, SCSI, and ADB periferals and OS 7/8/9 compatible software). I had Office '98, adobe illistrator 8.0, photoshop 5.5, a graphics tablet, a laser printer, and some games installed on mine. All purchased used for less than a stock mini. Still OS 9.1 is not nearly as stable as 10.2 and up so if you are using it for important work, SAVE OFTEN! Have Fun!

OP
macmini3399
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
I will just use it to browse the internet and maby use it as a server. (maby get xpostfacto and run os x public beta).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.