Which Developer Account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
Here is the situation, we may be purchasing a developer account for me to trial run Mac OS X before it is released. I have an interest in developing for iOS, and would really like to try iOS 7 as well. If I get the iOS developer account, will that include the beta of Mac OS X and iOS, or just iOS?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not sure that the issue is here. To develop iOS applications, you'll need a Mac anyway so you don't need the developer previews of OS X (you wouldn't want to develop on them anyway). However, if you're looking to install OS X on a non-Apple machine, we can't offer any assistance.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I guess I was not perfectly clear. I have an iPhone and a macbook pro. I would like to test Mac OS X 10.9 on our network environment through out the beta to solve issues before we end up purchasing new computer with it preinstalled. I would also like to try iOS 7 out on my iPhone. As far as the developing, I would not be doing this on the beta OS, I would continue to use Mac OS X 10.8 as my primary OS, and run 10.9 on other partition or virtually.

So I just want to know if I was to sign up for the iOS developer account, would this give me access to the beta for both iOS and OS X, or would I have to sign up for both iOS and OS X developer accounts?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Simple to figure out actually, just visit http://developer.apple.com, sign in with your Apple ID and choose either iOS Dev Center or Mac Dev Center and you will see OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Beta SDK grayed out..click on either and you get:
Access to iOS 7 SDK beta
You must have an active iOS Developer Standard or Enterprise Program membership to access the development resources for iOS 7 SDK beta.
or
Access to OS X Mavericks
You must be enrolled in the Mac Developer Program to access the development resources for OS X Mavericks

So they are two different accesses that control iOS and OS X..

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have seen this as well, but what I was getting at was everywhere that talks about the 2 betas, the say they you need to be an apple developer to download the Mac OS X beta and you need to be a apple developer to download iOS7 beta. Not referring to the programs separately.

I was really looking to hear back form someone in the iOS Developer Program or the OS X Developer Program to confirm or deny that I would have access to both betas purchasing only 1 program. If you are a registered developer in one of these 2 programs and can confirm or deny this then that is exactly the answer I am looking for, can't go by what the public can see, it is listed the same everywhere and is not clear, I have looked everywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.