iPad photos into a folder on my MacBookPro ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi All, iPhoto and iTunes does a very good job at isolating us/me from the hard work of managing our Photos. I often think it stops me doing what i really want to do with my Photos.

I CANNOT figure out how to get the Photos in my iPads Camera Roll onto my MacBookPro IN A FOLDER !!.

WITHOUT using iPhoto or iTunes, is it at all possible PLEASE ?.

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Other than emailing each one to yourself? Not that I know of.

You can sync the iPad camera roll to iPhoto and then drag them out of iPhoto into Finder and sort into folders from there.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Other than emailing each one to yourself? Not that I know of.

You can sync the iPad camera roll to iPhoto and then drag them out of iPhoto into Finder and sort into folders from there.

Ok friend, thanks for your help to my query, i thought i was going to find out it couldnt be done easily, oh well never mind, thanks.

Tim

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hi All, iPhoto and iTunes does a very good job at isolating us/me from the hard work of managing our Photos. I often think it stops me doing what i really want to do with my Photos.

I CANNOT figure out how to get the Photos in my iPads Camera Roll onto my MacBookPro IN A FOLDER !!.

WITHOUT using iPhoto or iTunes, is it at all possible PLEASE ?.

Tim
There are some utilities out there that should do what you want to do. Macroplant - iPod, iPad, iPhone Transfer Software for Mac and PC might get the job done. There are probably some free alternatives out there as well. I don't follow this software segment regularly enough to know which is best.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
There are some utilities out there that should do what you want to do. Macroplant - iPod, iPad, iPhone Transfer Software for Mac and PC might get the job done. There are probably some free alternatives out there as well. I don't follow this software segment regularly enough to know which is best.

Oooooo KOOL buddy that sounds good, very good, i am on my way there right now !.

Later:- Yeah i found it pal, iExplorer3 is the business, it really is.

Thanks Slydude

Tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
SOLVED:- would you believe it ?, the complete answer was on my MacBookPro all the time !

IMAGE CAPTURE is the one you want and it is already there for the use of, fantastically quick as well, no messing ;)

Tim

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I should have thought about Image Capture. It was triggering recently every time I connected the iPad since I didn't have iPhoto installed at the time.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
no worries "slydude" dont bash yourself up about it, LOL

We all live and learn. :)

Tim

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Aside from Image Capture - Picasa is still a nice option and a decent photo viewer that will import into folders where you want them instead of using a database.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Aside from Image Capture - Picasa is still a nice option and a decent photo viewer that will import into folders where you want them instead of using a database.

Fair comment friend, so i guess you are saying that iPhoto puts our photos in a database !, if so, i definitely dont like that idea, thanks for pointing that out.

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.