Can i turn the sound off on my Mighty Mouse?

Reaction score
I am using a mighty Mouse that is now very noisy. Sometime when I rest my hand on it and am barely moving/touching it, it's just clicks nonstop (although at a fast speed so it almost sounds like one continuous noise.)

I'd like to get rid of the sound or maybe just disable sound all together. Any idea how to do that?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try cleaning it. How to clean a Mighty Mouse. Personally, I can't stand the Mighty Mouse - used mine for about 2 months before I put it on the shelf and bought a cheap USB mouse which works real well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Personally, I can't stand the Mighty Mouse - used mine for about 2 months before I put it on the shelf and bought a cheap USB mouse which works real well.

I couldn't even bring myself to buy one. With my King Kong hands, i just can't grip it comfortable, and then use the Scrolling, and clicks with comfort, and when i did, it would click when i didn't want it too.

Thank Apple for the Magic TrackPad and with the BT Keyboard coup[led together wit TwelveSouths's Magic Wand . . . . . . . . . oooooooooooh Yeahhhhhhh ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice. Pretty good price also - $29.99. Less expensive than the Apple magic trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Couldn't get by without myTwelveSouth Magic Wand. One complaint one has dismantle the wand to change the trackpad's batteries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Nice. Pretty good price also - $29.99. Less expensive than the Apple magic trackpad.

It actually connects the Wireless Keyboard and the Magic Trackpad together Charlie so its $150 for the Apple Hardware and $29.99 for the Wand. It makes it one complete unit, and even supplies a divider to go in-between the 2 so there isn't any gap, witch in hand makes it more stable, and no flexing.

Couldn't get by without myTwelveSouth Magic Wand. One complaint one has dismantle the wand to change the trackpad's batteries.

And thats only a little niggle in the side Harry :p
I couldn't do without either, laying back on the lounge with MBP connected to my HDTV, it just makes the experience all the more enjoyable ~ For when I'm feeling really Lazy haha

MagicWand.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.