Mac not Connecting to Wifi with Full Bars and IP Address

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid-2012
Hello and good day,
I would like to talk about how my mac is not connecting to the Wifi with full bars and a IP Address. I tried to go into 5 different app's/browser's and they all said I had no Wifi. It would be thankful if you could help, and if you need more information feel free to ask. I have a Macbook Pro Mid-2012. I do not have all the spec's since I do not have my Mac OS running at this time yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
I have this problem also, I talked to Shaw and they said the an ethernet cord is the best solution for slow/unresponsive internet.

Here is my basic diagnosis:
How far are you from your router? Do you have anything blocking your invisible signal? Ex. Walls

Wifi is great, but an ethernet is still optimal for the best internet speeds. You basically have 3 options:
1. If you are relatively close to your router , and don't have walls blocking your signal, you could buy a wireless extender ($50-110)
2. If you are far from your router and/or have walls blocking your signal, connect an ethernet cord ($20-i just bought 50FT)
3.If you can move your router closer to the computer great, if you want faster internet connect an ethernet (free to 10$)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like setup problems. Using Automatic in location and entered DNS addresses manually? What security encryption? And does the MBP connect via ethernet cable at all?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid-2012
I am going to try and reconnect manually using another mac that is not mine but on the same internet server. This has been working for 2 years and I've had connection working past walls.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.