Pad 3 LCD Video Screen Has 1 inch Black with Two white lines

Reaction score
I replaced my digitizer screen, my Ipad 3 powers up and I have access to applications. Now the Video LCD screen has a one inch white block with a black strip in the middle. The white and black block out is in the middle of screen and is displayed landscape and in vertical position. Is there any software or settings fix for this problem other than replacing the LCD video screen and connector? Extended question, can this problem be fixed by replacing the LCD video screen or is there something I have to replace?

Thanks for any technical input.

Ipad 3 with apps and block out_edited-1.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why did you have to replace the digitizer? Did you drop your iPad and crack it? (I'm assuming that's the reason...?)

Before you decide on spending more money and time, make sure that you correctly installed the digitizer. Check out the procedure at iFixit: The free repair manual. If the digitizer is OK and installed correctly then I would suspect damage to the retina screen or connector.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Looks like it was opened before from the view of the picture. Check the pressure of the display and also check the connection and I'd that isn't it replace the screen... They aren't too expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.