VHS to DVD

Reaction score
I am looking for a software program for a nature cam to give continuous feed on my iMac and also convert VHS to DVD. I have found "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac" but it has poor reviews. Does anyone have anything that they have found works well?
My system processor is 2.4 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo and software is OS X 10.8.4 (12E55) Thanks.

C

chas_m

I think you are needing two separate items -- one is a software program to run an existing webcam, and another is a bit of hardware to convert VHS to DVD.

For the latter, I'd recommend El Gato's line of products: Video | elgato.com

T

Terry_C

For the video converter you could try the ClimaxDigital VCAP 810 (Amazon £23.99 UK.) I have used it - it works straight out of the box with perfect results with the supplied software. I then used iMovie to burn the DVD's.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I totally endorse the contributions offered by the others.

I would only add that I have used and found the Roxio range of products to be completely reliable from OS X 10.6 through to 10.8. Maybe I'm the lucky one or perhaps the reviews you have read are not representative.

Ian

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your input. I did end up getting the Roxio VCR to DVD for Mac and after some technical support find that it works very well at both the webcam and putting VCR's on DVD. It does both well and I don't have to purchase two software programs:) Thanks

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Wonderful news. Glad things worked out for you and many thanks for posting back. This way, others following the thread will also see the conclusion.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.