Hard Drive question

Reaction score
Good morning, I purchased a Mac Pro with Two Hard Drives, but I can only see HD 2 under devices. Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD 2 show up in disk utility and Macintosh HD shows up as my start up disk, but no Macintosh HD under devices. Has anybody experienced this before ?

HD 1.jpg

Reaction score
Normal in Mountain Lion

This is normal in Mountain Lion. Links in the "Favorites" section of the Finder, e.g. to Applications / Downloads, etc, open on your start-up drive. If you want to browse files in other areas you haven't added to Favorites, you can click the top of the window and select a higher level, but the start-up drive (partition) doesn't appear in "Devices", by default. You'll also see all devices if you go to the top level, "Computer" (or whatever). Then you can drag your start-up partition to the "Devices" links. I can't guarantee it will stay there between reboots. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

MacIntosh HD is the boot drive, hard drive 2 is a device and appears as such as would a camera, iPad, iPhone etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.