cd rom not working on windows

Reaction score
Im running windows7 on parallels and my cd rom as stopped working when i switch from mountain lion to windows, ???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you assign the optical drive to Parallels when Windows is running, otherwise it belongs to OS X and you won't be able to use it. Look in the Parallels help to find out how to do it. I do not have my copy of Parallels installed at the present time otherwise I would show you how.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for that ,it was working fine until i installed a game ,then when i stopped playing the game ,it stopped working.

OP
D
Reaction score
I just keep getting this error msg
Unable to connect CD/DVD 1.

A file or device required for the operation of CD/DVD 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running, but the device will be disconnected.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Looks like a whole bunch of Parallels users are having the identical issue - a whole bunch of threads on this subject.

Check this thread - see post # 11 and see if that works for you without reinstalling Parallels.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for that ,its working now, i only seem to use this forum when ive got a problem and everytime i have someones helped me straight away, thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.