iPad apps will not update

Reaction score
First off let me say I am sooo glad that y'all are also here for iPad help. I usually have questions on my Mac Book Pro and the help I get from here is immeasurable . Thank you for your continuing help !
For awhile now I have been having trouble updating my apps on iPad . When I click to update an app it says either waiting or paused no other option. At the moment I am unable to use about 10 apps because they are tied up in the waiting spot. The only other option I have is to delete the app and reinstall . I have tried that too and it did not work. It has been so long since I last tried that I have forgotten exactly just what it does when trying to download an app after I deleted it. But I remember it did not fix the problem or I would not be here asking for help.

Sincerely thank you ,

fredconk

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm. I usually don't have that many apps to update on my iPad at once but regardless, I get the same thing. Here's how I usually can beat the waiting....

I update the apps through iTunes first as that is faster. After I download all my updates, I attach my iPad to my Mac and sync. Otherwise waiting for the updates to download via WiFi can take quite awhile depending on the speed of your connection.

Reaction score
Yes, restart your ipad then check that your wifi has a strong signal... usually some apps are big and require wifi if over 50MB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hard reset (hold sleep/wake and home until apple logo appears on black background)

Once rebooted try again. If that still doesn't work try, as above, downloading all updates on iTunes and syncing

OP
F
Reaction score
Yes I did all the hard resets and just regular restarts but nothing worked .

OP
F
Reaction score
Chscag I use the app store and I have not been using iTunes for any downloads. I will try what you stated but am going to have to use the app store. Then I will sync them. Thank-you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.