charging your ibook...is this ok?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
right as some of you may know i have just got my ibook, but it is mainly being used in a desktop enviroment apart from a few times a week when i will take it to the coffee shop to do some work on, anyway is it okay to have it plugged in all the time or will it destroy the battery?

cheers, Paul

Reaction score
Fair question, I'd like to know the same. I don't want to sit and let the battery drain just to charge it up again, but by doing so I don't want to damage the battery or shorten it's life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i think it is recomended that you let it run down at least once a month but apart from that i THINK it is ok!

please double check as i am only 70% sure!

thanks chris tm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i primarily use my my ibook as a desktop replacement so a majority of the time it is plugged in. i think it's a good idea to let the battery drain. i actually try to do this every week or two. you should have no problem as long as you occasionally drain the battery.

i'd say ditch the charger when you take it to the coffee shop unless absolutely necessary; do your work as normal and let the battery do it's thing. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
let the battery drain every so often, also i believe your instruction manual should give you some good advice on how often to do this. i mainly keep my battery out of my powerbook and let it drain about once every two weeks to a month now that i am not going out with it as much
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.