Buying a Power MAC

C

codie

read the next paragraph if u dnt want to read the reason y

im looking at buying a power mac after just recently switching from xp to mac on a new imac g5 isight, i am a design student (well 14 years old) and was after sumting with a bit more grunt to procces my huge photo and video files so my imacv can b for pure photoshop. but the only thing the turns me away from buying on is the fact i need to buy a screen, i dnt have any room for another screen and was wondering.

can you use the imac g5 isight as a external monitor for the power mac.

help on this wud b great for me and hopfuly result in having no money in da bank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
In a word, no. Not unless you know a lot about electronics, soldering, etc. The monitor port on the iMac is OUTPUT ONLY, it cannot be set up as a "dummy" monitor for another computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you can still find a monitor for like 200 bucks somewhere. like best buy or newegg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Sell your iMac and buy a display.

OP
A

atforce

Yeah you dont neccesarly need to buy a flat screen display from apple, there are others u can buy also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.