Two-way syncing between iCal and Google calendar

Reaction score
Hi

I'm having trouble with Google calendar on iCal. I have two calendars - with Calendar A there's no problem and it syncs fine both ways; with Calendar Z, I can create dates on Google calendar that show up in iCal, but not vice versa.

When I create a date in iCal it defaults to Calendar A. I have to change in to Calendar Z, and that is despite pulling Calendar Z to the top of the iCal list.

I've added/deleted my Google account to iCal several times and even created a test calendar - which has the same problem as Calendar Z.

Just in case it helps, Calendar A has been going for several years. When I check it in Google, there's no "owner", even though I set up the calendar. Calendar Z, meanwhile, uses my gmail address as "owner".

Appreciate some help!

Chiefsub

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Moved thread to appropriate forum.

Don't use Calendars at all here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.