powerbook Pismo Hinges

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
howdy...i recently picked up my powerbook annnnnnd, everything seems ti be in order, although i do have a hinge question. it hold up fine, but the screen is able to easily flop forward bout 1/4-1/2 an inch. it would never fall forward and close or fall backwards, but would this indicate poor hinges?? or is this just how they are. anything info would be fantastic! thankyou! :)
-dave-

F

fmjh

replaced mine and there is some flop!

Hi, I replaced the hinges in my pismo and there is some flop in it even so. Possibly I didn't do everything absolutely correctly as there weren't any instructions. It was however much worse before I did the replacement. It's been a while now but I do remember that there was some loosening prior to the point at which I finally decided that it would be worth doing. There was also a grinding noise I think and a strange feel. When I took it apart you could see where the actual hinge on the right side had actually disintegrated.

Hope that helps, even if you did leave the question many months ago!
fmjh!

desrosiers13 said:
howdy...i recently picked up my powerbook annnnnnd, everything seems ti be in order, although i do have a hinge question. it hold up fine, but the screen is able to easily flop forward bout 1/4-1/2 an inch. it would never fall forward and close or fall backwards, but would this indicate poor hinges?? or is this just how they are. anything info would be fantastic! thankyou! :)
-dave-

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
haha, atually,that does help. and i also noticed that even on new laptop of many brands, the screen tends to give a bit. My girlfriend just got a new dell laptop and it does the same thing...so maybe they are made to give a bit..who knows.. thanks
-dave-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.