Boot Camp installation error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
This involves an iMac.

I ran into an error trying to load Windows 7 in the “boot camp” partition on my iMac. I must state that this was a reload as I had some issues with the computer and reformatted the entire drive, reloaded MAC OS and then Windows 7.

The partition size for Windows 7 was 200 GB while the drive itself is 1TB.

After setting up the partition and loading Windows 7 Home, on step 4 of the “Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide”, where I’m to install the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows, I got the following warning screen:

Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model.

I tried this three times with the same result. I then “reset” the hard drive using Boot Camp Assistant for only 1 partition, eliminating the Windows 7.

It’s important to note that when I first loaded the Windows 7, about a year ago, I had no such problem. Also, all of the software are originals.

Any ideas of what’s happening and how I can load Windows on the iMac without this error? In advance, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If it is the September 2006 model, it may well be like the 2006 Mac Pro which was 64bit architecture with 32bit firmware which prevents Mountain Lion and later being installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.