• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iOS 7 phases out the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad; some features will be iPhone 5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA
Thank you for your link.
I was looking for to find out if the iPad Mini bought today will run the iOS 7 when become available.
I found the answer from your link
Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To be fair the first gen iPad didn't get iOS 6 so it's no surprise it doesn't get 7

Reaction score
I'm glad my iP4 will run iOS 7...though the one thing it will never get is Siri (iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch have it already).

Dad has iPad 2, so I suppose it'll be feature locked-out like my iPhone 4 (and my mother's iPhone 4)...

I'm not surprised that my Dad's 4th-gen iPod touch (formerly mine) won't get iOS 7...

Found this on an Apple fan site (The Apple Lounge).
iOS-7-Comparison-Chart-definitivo-1.jpg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with Mister Plow. That title is wrong. IPad 1 was phased out with IOS6. I should know as I am stuck with IOS5 and many apps that will not install.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm glad my iP4 will run iOS 7...though the one thing it will never get is Siri (iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch have it already).

Dad has iPad 2, so I suppose it'll be feature locked-out like my iPhone 4 (and my mother's iPhone 4)...

I'm not surprised that my Dad's 4th-gen iPod touch (formerly mine) won't get iOS 7...

Found this on an Apple fan site (The Apple Lounge).
iOS-7-Comparison-Chart-definitivo-1.jpg

The no Airdrop feature on anything older than iPhone 5 and iPad 4th gen and above is pretty limiting. Most people I know who are using iPhones and iPad have not upgraded to the newest versions. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thank you for your link.
I was looking for to find out if the iPad Mini bought today will run the iOS 7 when become available.
I found the answer from your link
Regards
They usually give us a 5 yr lee-way on our older Hardware to the newer iOS.

Mind you, I'm hoping that when iOS 7 comes out in about 3 months, that they release a iPad Mini Retina display :) and ill be first in line. Love my current iPad Mini, but would love one with a Retina :woot: :woot:

EDIT : What is it in the iPhones that isn't in the iPad/Mini that it can't take advantage of the Panorama ??

Reaction score
They usually give us a 5 yr lee-way on our older Hardware to the newer iOS.

Mind you, I'm hoping that when iOS 7 comes out in about 3 months, that they release a iPad Mini Retina display :) and ill be first in line. Love my current iPad Mini, but would love one with a Retina :woot: :woot:

EDIT : What is it in the iPhones that isn't in the iPad/Mini that it can't take advantage of the Panorama ??

Yes please!

And I've been pondering this ever since I got ahold of an iPad mini…on top of that, why doesn't it have HDR and why do we need two photos in HDR mode? (Aside from picking between the best of the two…)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Yes please!

And I've been pondering this ever since I got ahold of an iPad mini…on top of that, why doesn't it have HDR and why do we need two photos in HDR mode? (Aside from picking between the best of the two…)

You can turn off the 'two photos' in settings. It is saving a regular photo and an HDR photo because HDR doesn't alway look better.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Agreed with Mister Plow. That title is wrong. IPad 1 was phased out with IOS6. I should know as I am stuck with IOS5 and many apps that will not install.

Ditto. And the incredibly cheap deal I got by getting the iPhone 4 rather than 4S recently means no access to Siri for me as well.

If anyone wants to adopt me I could stop paying for trivial things like food and rent. Then maybe I could afford top notch tech upgrades.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
To be fair the first gen iPad didn't get iOS 6 so it's no surprise it doesn't get 7

When I read the article title I thought exactly the same thing. 1st Gen. iPad didn't get iOS 6 either.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Having seen Robin comparing iOS7 with iOS6 on AppAdvice Daily, why would anyone want iOS7? It looks dreadful.

Everything seems to have been changed just for the sake of doing so and it looks so childish and sparse.

No plans to install it on my iPad Mini until App updates force me to do so.

I assume Mavericks will do just the same to OS X? :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
No plans to install it on my iPad Mini until App updates force me to do so.

I assume Mavericks will do just the same to OS X? :\

Having Beta 2 on my iPad Mini, being very much more stable than Beta 1 i can tell you it looks better and works better on the iPad Mini than the iPhone to the point i would of been happy to leave iOS 6 in my iPhone. But now i have it I'm feeling the love and Airdrop and the new features and all the new Frameworks theta Devs have to work with, there will be some exciting things coming to iOS 7 in the future.

Its not something to be missed IMHO

Reaction score
Are we allowed to talk about "bugs" in the iOS 7 betas?

…I want to say something about the photo/camera filters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are we allowed to talk about "bugs" in the iOS 7 betas?

…I want to say something about the photo/camera filters.

No Not really, thats the sort of info they don't want the general public knowing, BUT PM me, as I'm interested in what you have to say about them . . . Haven't tried them out myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S
So my 4s phone wont get 7? or will it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Take a look at the graphic on the first page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My iP4 will apparently work with iOS7 with the features I care about. That assumes I actually want iOS7... Good enough for me. No need for a new phone yet. WooHoo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S
thanks a lot dude. clears up the fact that they just want to keep us buying more frequently.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
How is that different from any other company / business?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.