• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I have no complaints with Apple !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi All, TWO and a quarter years ago i purchased a 15" MacBookPro Early 2011 with 2 years Apple Care on top of the standard 1 year.

A month ago it Died permanently, my Apple Store fixed it by replacing the Motherboard complete and the Screen Lid, a week later it Died permanently again !!!!!!

I was a little disappointed with the reliability by this time, as you can imagine !.

Apple did me proud, on reflection i suppose it WAS the ONLY thing they could do for me, they gave me a brand new 15" MacBookPro Mid 2012 with 2 years Apple Care on top of the standard 1 year.

The ONLY thing that i can see that has changed in the Spec is a 500gig drive instead of the 750gig drive i had before !.

I like my Apple :)

Tim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Very nice! :):):)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Still the world's best customer service! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
True that. I've never been let down by Apple's customer service.

Reaction score
True that. I've never been let down by Apple's customer service.

They've always been good to me. When I had my iPhone 4, I was an iDevice newbie. I thought at one point that my battery was faulty because it seemed like it was discharging at a too-rapid rate. The girl at the Genius Bar was very helpful, and explained how keeping too many apps open on the phone can rapidly drain the battery. LOL! I also broke my iPhone 4S screen only a few months after buying it (I also bought AppleCare for it). They replaced the phone, no questions asked.

I've dealt with many different tech companies (laptops, phones, etc), and Apple has the absolute best customer service, hands down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
My retina display MacBook Pro was 2 months old and kept having wifi issues and locking up, called them they sent a box the next day and I had a brand new MacBook in 5 days.

Reaction score
Ooh! Timmy! You're only up the road from me. I'm in Luton. Did you go to the Apple Store in Milton Keynes? I went there the other day and they are pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model
Apple has an unwritten golden rule that no customer leaves the store unhappy. Ive experienced this two times both with iphone

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Ooh! Timmy! You're only up the road from me. I'm in Luton. Did you go to the Apple Store in Milton Keynes? I went there the other day and they are pretty good.

Yeah, i go to the Apple Store at Milton Keynes, i find it excellent, it is close by to a couple of excellent Coffee Bars (and Toilets), and if i take the missus with me, i get to park in a Blue Badge bay which a very close by, and it only takes me about 20 to 25 minutes :)

Tim

C

chas_m

I am very fortunate that the only issue I have ever had with Apple equipment was a swollen Blackbook battery (years out of warranty). By the time I took it round to an Apple store to have a look, they no longer had any black batteries to replace it with, so the guy gave me a recommended website that sold replacement ones at a good price.

The reliability of Apple equipment and the smiles I see when I'm visiting Apple Stores is one of the things that keeps me a loyal customer, geez nearly 30 years now!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.