Powerbook G3 Lombard "Scrolling" Touchpad

M

mateo107

Hi All,

I love the newer Powerbooks and iMacs that allow you to scroll vertically by moving your mouse up/down the very right edge of the touchpad/trackpad. I am running OS X 10.2 (or 10.3 possibly) on my Powerbook G3 Lombard ("bronze") and I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing on this laptop.

I love touchpads, but hate the lack of built-in scrolling...

Can anyone help me out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
mateo107 said:
Hi All,

I love the newer Powerbooks and iMacs that allow you to scroll vertically by moving your mouse up/down the very right edge of the touchpad/trackpad. I am running OS X 10.2 (or 10.3 possibly) on my Powerbook G3 Lombard ("bronze") and I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing on this laptop.

I love touchpads, but hate the lack of built-in scrolling...

Can anyone help me out?

Since my G4 Powerbook is about 3 years old, it did not have the scrolling track feature, so I got a cool little app called "SideTrack" and it basically lets you set which sides of the trackpad, and the size of those areas, you want to use to scroll, just by dragging your finger down the side of the trackpad area (right side for me for vertical, used to use the top for horizontal scrolling). It's shareware, but if you dont' register you just get random reminders asking to register now or later. I think it's around $15 to buy or something like that. Really great app. Then again, when I first got my Pbook, it had 10.2.8 Jaguar on it, so I had to find an older version. When I upgraded to 10.4.3 Tiger, it worked just the same as it did on Jaguar, but it's for pre-2005 PowerBooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure sidetrack will not run on the lombard. I looked around for a version that would work for my Pismo when sidetrack was first released for the PB G4s and didn't find anything. If you find one that works let us all know, that would be awsome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.