The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. External Hardrive Problem!

Reaction score
Okay so recently my once active external hard drive can not be detected by my 2012 MacBook Air. I have tried to fix it through commands in terminal as well as Disk Warrior but it is not fixable by either ways. According to disk utility the partition is in FAT32 and according to Disk Warrior it's in FDisk Partition Scheme.

The drive is a 1TB PHD 3.0 Silicon-Power DB Media drive. I can offer more information if needed, would love some help on this! Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Do you use the drive in two scenarios, such as Windows and Mac OS X to format FAT32?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If both Disk Warrior and Disk Utility can not repair the drive, it's time to contact the manufacturer and ask for a RMA if the drive is still under warranty. In other words, replace it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well format should be Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and under Partition use GUID. As chscag says sounds like you have a failed drive on your hands.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.