What is the best meeting minutes app?

Reaction score
Everyone who works in an office has to deal with meetings, right? What kind of app do you use for taking notes and managing your meetings effectively?

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I use iThoughts to mind map the meeting. I have a standard set of 'top level' items which I always use:
  • Attendees - who was at the meeting
  • Topics - the agenda items and stuff which gets discussed
  • Thoughts - any thoughts which occur to me and don't necessarily fit directly against an agenda point
  • Questions - any questions I want to look into after the meeting (or sometimes they can be answered straight away by someone present)
  • Actions - any actions agreed out of the meeting
This works really well for me. You can use icons to highlight key points or concerns, and the app allows you to generate a PDF version of the mind map. I send a copy to my colleagues after the meeting and they all love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I think Smart writing tool with hand recognition would suit you, but if you have TextExpander then Audiotorium would be great. If you have snippets in TextExpander that get used all the tim, then its perfect.

Purely for Minute taking Minutes

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
So, do you think it is better to use a mind mapping tool than a meeting minutes app?

Can't say that I've seen a specific minutes app personally. :)

I like using mind maps in general, but I guess others might find them less useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What do you think about Notes Plus or Meetings ?

I found this CaptureNotes 2 while looking for a Sketching/Drawing App and it works wonders. Yes i paid the $6+ for it, i just didn't have a coffee that day, but I'm keeping this as its a great app, and i can write, record and do so much more with it, while I'm brainstorming ideas for iOS Apps…..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.