developing programes for OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
well,guys i wanted to know what is the program which the common people use to make programs for the OS X,is it the xcodec too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
well,guys i wanted to know what is the program which the common people use to make programs for the OS X,is it the xcodec too?

No us common people ONLY use Xcode, which is a 4.8GB Download from the Mac App Store and then you have to sign up and be a OS X Developer for $99/yr with Apple at their App Developer Portal or once a registered Developer you can get it from the portal with a lot of other Downloads too. Then if you want to develop for iOS and the iPhone and iPad, then you have to register at the same link and pay $99/yr too, to be a iOS Dev as well.

HTH

Cheers

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
what the ****!!!!! 99/yr hahahah... and does the xcodec develop OS X'S?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Xcode is the suite of software development tools to create software for OS X and iOS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
what the ****!!!!! 99/yr hahahah... and does the xcodec develop OS X'S?

If your good enough you will make it back in no time. You have a lot of knowledge and technical data at your finger tips when you become a paid up developer, as well as the experts in the Dev Forums, and that in itself is worth $99/yr. If you think thats heavy, then you aren't committed enough to become a developer.

As they say, you need to spend money to make money.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
well,that's good ^_^ thanks buddies ;)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No us common people ONLY use Xcode
Not true, many people, including myself, use a whole suite of tools sans Xcode to develop applications. Xcode is only useful if you plan to use Cocoa and Objective-C. Otherwise, it's utterly useless.

then you have to sign up and be a OS X Developer for $99/yr with Apple at their App Developer Portal or once a registered Developer you can get it from the portal with a lot of other Downloads too.
You can develop apps without being a registered developer as well. In that case, you can't submit it to the Mac App Store or sign your apps but other than that, you're more than free to develop Cocoa/Obj-C apps without being a registered developer.

Then if you want to develop for iOS and the iPhone and iPad, then you have to register at the same link and pay $99/yr too, to be a iOS Dev as well.
This is true. If you want to develop for iOS, you have no choice but to join Apple's developer program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can develop apps withot being a registered developer as well. In that case, you can't submit it to the Mac App Store or sign your apps but other than that, you're more than free to develop Cocoa/Obj-C apps without being a registered developer.

Well thats where i was aiming for. To be able to put them on the MAS and iTunes Store. I suppose i should of been a little more specific with that one ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.