Visual studio On OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
could i run VB on my mac,if i installed Windows on it?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Once you install Windows on it, it's like any other Windows machine.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
are you sure of it? it's awesome news,but actually i asked many people and they told me you can install windows but it doesn't mean you can run the windows programs on it so it Blew up my mind :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't ask the right people. ;) Vansmith gave you the correct answer.

And.... welcome to our forums!

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
Thanks,buddies. probably i asked the wrong people. but could i play windows games using the windows on it?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Once you install Windows on your Mac and with the Boot Camp drivers, you will have full support of the audio/video capabilities, so yes you can definitely play games on there..

You just need to confirm that the graphics processor in your Mac meets the requirements of the game you wish to run. Just having Windows isn't enough..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanks,buddies. probably i asked the wrong people. but could i play windows games using the windows on it?

Once you install Windows on it, it's like any other Windows machine.
That answer still stands - once you install Windows on your Mac, it is effectively the same as a Dell, HP or Lenovo machine.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

It gets a little muddy there, because there are several ways to install Windows.

If you just want to code, the best way is going to be a virtualization solution like VirtualBox, Parallels or VMWare Fusion. However, you're not going to want to game on a virtual machine. It can be done, yes, but you won't run a modern triple-A title on it - at least not with great performance.

If you install via Boot Camp, however, then you're running on native hardware. So, your Mac will play Windows games as well as a generic PC of similar hardware specs.

From a hardware standpoint, modern Intel-based Macs use commodity x86 hardware. The biggest difference (aside from the casing) is that Macs use EFI, which essentially behaves like BIOS on a normal PC. That, however, doesn't really effect the performance of the machine while running Windows.

If your Mac has a real GPU (as opposed to Intel integrated graphics), then it should do pretty well - the 15"/17" MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and iMacs have real GPUs. The MacBook Air, standard MacBook and 13" MacBook Pro and Mac Mini use integrated graphics. While they can play some games, your best performance will come from a machine that has a real, discrete GPU.

Hope that helps.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
Thanks,guys your answers are really helpful ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

You would of asked Windows people, and they would of told you furphies :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.