Gaming peripherals on a Mac.....

Reaction score
The other thread titled "Gaming on a Mac" has inspired me to create this post.

On my Windows laptop, I use a Logitech G5 mouse, a Logitech G11 keyboard, and a smaller keyboard that's square-shaped and has all the important gaming keys on it (not sure of the model). I would like to use them on my MacBook Pro for some light gaming (my favorite game is Red Orchestra, which came out in 2006, so the Mac will definitely run it). I also use a USB wireless Logitech Gamepad controller for tank and half-track throttle and control.

The problem I have is that the smaller keyboard has keys that work with the PC, but some of those keys are different on the Mac (like ALT).

Does anyone here use a small gaming keyboard with their Mac, and what model is it?

Is there a Gamepad controller made for Mac?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
Have ya checked out this?:TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Not quite certain of how it's configured, but I assume it's very on par with your windows one you have already.
Doesn't hurt it's the exact same specs either ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
MechanicalKeyboards.com is where you want to look for Mac compatible keyboards that will suit your needs. Granted, a full mechanical keyboard is a bit pricier than membrane types, but well worth it, IMO. I bought my Dad a Das Professional for his iMac and he loves it. I personally use a Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 (Cherry MX Red switches) and a Thermaltake Meka G1 (Cherry MX Black switches) that I use for BF3, BO2, Crysis 3, etc. but that is on my Windows gaming rig. You simply cannot beat a mechanical keyboard when it comes to FPS gaming. Anyone who says otherwise either has not owned one or was using a board with Cherry MX blues. :Smirk:

Edit-if you are going to be doing a lot of typing as well as gaming with a new keyboard I would not recommend Cherry Reds. They are VERY light and cause a lot of typing errors. Browns or Blacks are what you want. Check out this keyboard, the Tex Beetle is a brand new release and Mac compatible to boot.

OP
jt1968
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for the links. I will check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.