New problem, at least for me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
Recently most of my forums I play on from FB and even G Mail will not hold my login name or pass word on my I pad. To clarify a little more, it is logging on from safari bookmarks primarily but even to click on a FB notification in email, I have to log on to FB again.
Is there a solution to this???
Or is it they want me to use only Apps to log on to my favorite sites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
1.When you enter your username/password, is there a box that you can check that says "remember me"? -If that's not checked that will help your problem.

2. All apps will eventually log you out (whether or not you checked "remember me"so you have to re-enter your password. It the length of time depends on the App

C

chas_m

For Facebook there's no sense in not using the app rather than the iPad browser -- but having said that when I click on a link that takes me to FB I am in fact logged into my account in the browser.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
As a long time tech user, occupation, not thatI know every thing, but it seems that something has changed. Just like this site, when I logged in to ask this question, I checked the box to keep me logged in, today one day later, I had to log in again. I accessed this site through book marks in Safari.
The reason I'm asking, primarily, it is a pita to remember all user log on info, for all the sites I visit especially ones visited irregularly or even once a week.
I guess there might not be a real answer to my question.

C

chas_m

Such information is usually held in the "cookie" file associated with the site. Have you been cleaning cookies or use a program that cleans them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
it is a pita to remember all user log on info, for all the sites

Have you ever used "Keychain Access" ? It's already installed on your Mac and it holds all of you user and password info for your sites. It uses one password, I have my normal log on for OSX, and it can open up these files.
-I find it really useful

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.