Google Chrome Cache Threat

Reaction score
I use Google Chrome as my primary browser. I have never had problems with any threats in the past until recently. Lately, Sophos has been "detecting" threats in the cache and they have to be cleaned up manually. Although I have had a mac for about two years, I am still learning the tricks when things like this happen. The file names are f_00b644 etc. I dont know whats causing these or where they are coming from. Any help on where to look to delete them, or what they are would be great. If this has been covered before, I'm sorry. Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't say positively, but they're likely Windows threats that you've picked up in the Chrome browser cache. Just empty the cache more often or set Chrome to empty it each time you exit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.