MacBook Pro vs Air

Reaction score
Desperately need to update my mac book pro but not sure whether an air would be better.

I have to use the Adobe creative suite but most of the other software I use is online.

My only reservation is that I tend to use a lot of applications at the same time, ie:mail, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and I tend to have at least three different browsers open.

I also use a second screen in the office so the screen size would not be an issue and the size and wieght if the Air would be helpful as I move around a lot.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
this has been discussed over and over. when in doubt, go with the more powerful one.

MBP - Built for working.
MBA - built for mobility.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Firstly: Welcome to Mac-Forums!:)

Secondly: Since you already own a MacBook Pro...then you're not a "Switcher" (the sub-forum this thread was posted in originally). A "Switcher" is someone coming from the "Windows World" probably buying their 1st Apple computer...and new to everything OS X (Thread moved to more appropriate location).

Thirdly: One thing to be aware of...the MacBook Air's don't have dedicated graphics hardware. Given the applications you listed...you may want a new MacBook Pro with dedicated video/graphics hardware.

Also be aware that the 13" MacBook Pro's also do not have dedicated video/graphics hardware. So to get dedicated graphics hardware...you need to get a 15" MacBook Pro.

HTH.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.