Drafts in Mac Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 Mac Mini
I use Mac Mail (OS X 10.8.3) to access my personal mail which is on a hosted Exchange server.

I have two, possibly related issues.

1. Some of my outgoing emails end up in the Drafts folder forever. I imagine that they might have been written there while I was composing (AutoSave?) or something like that. But then, even after the email has been sent, the Draft remains. Not always, but there are a handful of these left overs. Why?

2. Some of the emails that are in the Drafts folder (due to whatever is going on above) cannot be deleted. When I delete ythem, they go away visually, but a few seconds later, I get a msg stating that the msg could not be moved to the mailbox "Trash...", and then they reappear. Why, and is there a solution?

Note, I have logged into the Exchange server's WebMail, and successfully deleted whatever I found there, but not all of the Draft emails that I see in Mac Mail were on the server. This does appear to be a local problem, at least to me :)

Thanks,
Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.