Converting PSD files to Wordpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.53GHz Core i5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
Has anyone here ever heard of taking PSD files and converting them to Wordpress themes? I'm currently an entry-level web developer and our company has a client who wants to setup a Wordpress site. Someone told me part of the project will involve taking PSD files and converting them to Wordress sites.

The only way I've converted PSD files into websites is by using them as references and then recreating them from scratch in Dreamweaver. When I do that, I'll usually copy logos, headers, and background images from the PSD file then save them as individual jpegs or png's. Then I'll write in the needed HTML and CSS classes to achieve the desired appearance. But from the impression I got, they want to take a PSD file and make a quick direction conversion.

Has anyone ever done this or this even possible?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What you understand is correct. The PSD is just the visual representation of what the site might look like. You'll need to grab the necessary images (and other assets) from the PSD and then create the CSS (and PHP to generate HTML) to create a Wordpress theme that will look like the PSD file.

There is nothing that takes a PSD and automatically makes a Wordpress theme for you..

There are numerous people who also provide that specific service as well that you can find through Google searches..

But at the end of the day, it's still a manual job to code up the theme..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
yup. I create wrodpress custom themes for a living, and there is no PSD>theme conversion tool that I know of. Even if there was, it wouldn't be pretty. Particularly if it were some webpage maker thingy adobe likes to fry us real dev's brains with whenever I've had the misfortune to encounter a request to try and edit one of those dastardly creatures.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Closed as we only have spammers responding now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.