• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Slimmer Retina MacBook Pro with upgraded camera, dual-mic MacBook Air expected at WWD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm guessing something different. Retina MBP 17", and new Mac Pro. At least that's what the leaked naming suggest to me.
I'm waiting till the WWDC to buy something.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
17"? I don't think so. Apple has already abandoned the 17" MacBook Pro line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Based on how Apple model names flow along their generation times, the newly released model names could be that of 17" MBP. However, with there being 5 distinct model identifiers, there's a few other things it could be.
New identifiers: possibilities(first has higher chance)
MD71x possibilities=Mac Mini, iPhone, MBA(small tweak)
MD76x possibilities=Mac Mini, iPhone, MBA(small tweak)
ME17x possibilities=Mac Pro, MBP 17, MBA(major update), iPad mini
ME18x possibilities=Mac Pro, MBP 17, MBA(major update), iPad mini
ME91x possibilities=MBP13/15, iMac(?)

This is just my own guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
When the 17" what-ever first came out years ago I thought this was great! It turned out too **** big. No, give me a 15" or 13" machine. I don't need a big cumbersome laptop. Don't want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
No one's forcing anyone to buy anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I made a conscious decision to switch over to a new 15" cMBP from my old 17" MBP even before the discontinuation, but a 17" rMBP might actually win me over - the size and weight would make it more attractive than the old 17-inch once was, and I really miss the old beast's speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
No one's forcing anyone to buy anything.

Never said I was forced. I just think 17" is too big. No company sells 17" Laptops anymore. I've got a 13" MBP and it's just fine for what I do.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
So how much thinner are they going to make the MBP before they are happy with it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have a friend with an older 17" Dell and it looks and feels massive compared to my older 15" Toshiba. A 13" MacBook Pro screen is probably too small for me although it can always be attached to a larger display when used at home. I just wish Apple would use discrete graphics in their 13" MacBook Pro line or, at least in one model of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I love my 13 inch retina its the best machine that i have ever had. It is kinda small for some things but if it is I just mirror to my 32 inch tv or use HDMI for dual monitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I want a Retina iPad Mini and to be released within the next 2 months with iOS7 and ill be happy for the next 12 months.
10.9 could get me interested when it arrives, but how much more iOSy can 1 make the Mac OS ?? One does wonder, and ill scream if i see tiles :Angry: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
So many things coming this Monday.....ohhhh boyyyyy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.