Sync/Charge Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbookpro 15,10.9.2,I7,700G HD,16G RAM
I have 2 iPhones, 2iPads, one Macbookpro. All have the latest software updates installed.

I have difficulty regarding auto sync via the cloud.

In iTunes I can only have one device listed at a time. Every time I plug in a device, it shows up but the previous device goes away. I would like for all my devices to be listed at the same time. How do I do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What is it you're trying to do exactly?

I'm afraid I don't understand the 'auto sync' query.

The only way you'd see all your devices in iTunes at the same time is:
a) if they are all connected by cables
b) they are all setup to sync to iTunes via wifi and they're all on the same network
c) a combination of a and b

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sync

b) is my situation

I have an iPhone, my wife has an iPhone, I have an iPad, and my wife has an iPad

I have (successfully I think) set them all up to auto sync via the cloud.

When I open iTunes a dialogue box appears on my computer. In the box is a listing of what iTune files I have selected ( songs or books, or whatever. On the left side of the box is like a selection menu which I can use to pick what is selected in the menu (it shows librarys, store, devices and such) Under devices I want it to show all four of our devices at the same time and then I can pick which one I want to look at. But I am unable to get it to display all four devices, I attached one via USB and it appears. I attach a different one and it appears. But I can't seem to be able to keep them all there at the same time. The only one that remains listed after unplugging is my iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
iTunes will only show which devices are connected to your computer. You can only connect one device at a time using USB. However, depending on how recent your version of iTunes is, you can set all of your iOS devices to connect wirelessly whenever iTunes is opened and therefore you will see all 4 devices in the left-hand column.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
MYmacROX: Sorry chap but you're not limited to one connected by USB. I've had four devices connected.

If you're not seeing all your devices (repeat for each):
Connect by cable, turn off wi-fi syncing.
Disconnect cable
Hard boot the device (hold sleep and home button until device goes black and apple symbol appears)
Reconnect by cable
Turn on wifi sync.
Disconnect cable.

This will clear any partial sync history, failed syncs etc that might prevent the device being recognised.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sync

iTunes will only show which devices are connected to your computer. You can only connect one device at a time using USB. However, depending on how recent your version of iTunes is, you can set all of your iOS devices to connect wirelessly whenever iTunes is opened and therefore you will see all 4 devices in the left-hand column.

This is what I want to do. Set all my iOS devices to connect wirelessly so I can see them all in the left hand column at the same time. I am using iTunes 11.1.3.

How do I do it?

Sorry I didn't explain what I wanted clearer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is what I want to do. Set all my iOS devices to connect wirelessly so I can see them all in the left hand column at the same time. I am using iTunes 11.1.3.

How do I do it?

Sorry I didn't explain what I wanted clearer.

Plug in one of the devices, wait for iTunes to detect it and for iTunes to do the backup/sync thing.
Now, I'm just going from memory here because I'm at work, but it's either on the main screen in iTunes and you scroll down to the bottom of the screen and there's a checkbox. Or it might be in iTunes Preferences, and then click on devices. I forget.

You'll have to do that individually for each device until they're all set up to wirelessly sync.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bingo -right on. You are awesome!!!!

Many thanks for your patience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Happy to help. Glad it worked for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.