New iMac's...compatible software?

B

bigmike22

I'm looking to buy a new iMac and have a question about the software compatibility of various applications.

When is software like Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Flash MX, After Effects, etc going to be compatible on the Intel processors?

Are my old installers and cd's going to work or would I have to buy upgrades?

If I get a discounted iMac with a PowerPC processor, is that going to become outdated too fast and software will be only made for Intel processors?

If anybody can help with this that would be great. There's a lot of runaround on the sites I've been looking at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Adope will only release universal binaries for Macs when CS3 comes out. The other ones I do not know, except Steve Jobs said that they would be out in spring. Really, if you want to know where i got the info about cs3, i dont remember, but i remember reading it somewhere :). Don't expect rosetta to run them fast enough right now though!

//Pierre

OP
K

KLank

From what I understand it will work now. But I think your question deals more with when they will release universal versions of the programs. I think I saw something stating end of Q1 2006.

OP
I

iluvthsgam

rosetta will run cs2 apps fine for the everyday user. not good enough for the pro's but fine for everyone else.

OP
G

Grey02

is there anyone tested using PS CS2 in their daily use using iMac intel? performance on iMac intel.. is it abviously slow?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.