Engine # 90

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
For any train buffs out there here's a photo I took today with my little Sony NEX-5N with the 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6. It will fit any monitor, even one the size of a double-wide garage door. 1920x1080 pixels.

Southern%20Pacific%20Lines%20%2390%20Skinny-X3.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I love those old steam driven trains. Nice shot Bob! There's a tourist train line and track that runs from Fort Worth, TX to Grapevine, TX which uses a steam driven train and cars to haul the tourists. I rode on it years ago accompanying my daughter on a school trip and outing. Lots of fun.

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love those old steam driven trains. Nice shot Bob! There's a tourist train line and track that runs from Fort Worth, TX to Grapevine, TX which uses a steam driven train and cars to haul the tourists. I rode on it years ago accompanying my daughter on a school trip and outing. Lots of fun.

Way back in 1976 I took a steam engine ride on a steam engine tourist train from Lambertville, NJ to Flemington, NJ. I should Google that line & see if it's still running. One of my good friends in St. Louis, MO worked for the railroad as a track repairman. Talk about a railroad buff! I'd love to make contact with him and send him this photo. **** that Sony NEX-5N produces some sharp photos. It's got the best focusing sytem I've ever seen. Glad you enjoyed the shot. - Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
As soon as i saw the Engine #90 i knew it be a train. Im not a train buff but i do like the ye olde Locomotives and this is a **** fine shot. When i live in our Nations Capital, ever fathers day they had a old steam engine fathers day ride that i did a couple of times. There is nothing like it (mind you i would like to try the Japanese Bullet Trains) What editing was done Bob ??

Love it Thanks for sharing

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is nothing like it (mind you i would like to try the Japanese Bullet Trains)

I rode one from Tokyo to Hakone Lake resorts while stationed in Japan during my military days. The Hakone Lake resort area is where Mount Fuji casts a reflection in the lakes it towers over. Beautiful spot and a great place for Bob to take his camera equipment! I would love to see his photos of that area.

By the way, I believe the Bullet Train is called "The Shin Kansen" in Japanese. (That is if I'm remembering it correctly.) :)

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As soon as i saw the Engine #90 i knew it be a train. Im not a train buff but i do like the ye olde Locomotives and this is a **** fine shot. When i live in our Nations Capital, ever fathers day they had a old steam engine fathers day ride that i did a couple of times. There is nothing like it (mind you i would like to try the Japanese Bullet Trains) What editing was done Bob ??

Love it Thanks for sharing

The main punch was added by Topaz Clarity, a new software program that sharpens without any halos. It's an amazing Photoshop plug-in that I bought last week for just $29.95. It handles all contrast, structure and sharpening in one push of a button. I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
By the way, I believe the Bullet Train is called "The Shinkansen" in Japanese. (That is if I'm remembering it correctly.) :)

Yes you are correct but its one word ;)

That would of been a site to be seen and it must be one heck of a mountain to get a reflection on that lake ( i goggle mapped it) being it 30kms as the crow flies to the lake .. . . WOW

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't remember the height of Fuji but it's surrounded by lakes. Lake Hakone is the most famous of all and is a beautiful resort area. The Shinkansen ride from Tokyo station to the Hakone area is first class. We bought regular tickets (not first class) but the seats were like airliner reclining and they even served snacks. Saki was extra. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.