MacBook Pro keyboard cleaning?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I dont know if I posted this on the right section. Can you help me on what to use so I can fully clean my keyboard? I always use a semi wet cloth. It feels so clean using it. Is it okay? With my mcbook pro, it's easy to clean but with my desktop keyboard errrrrrr. I dont know what fabric to use :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
My sister in law got me this "Cyber Clean" putty stuff, It seems to work really well with all electronics.

ThinkGeek :: Cyber Clean Electronics Cleaning Putty has some but ive seen it in places like Peavy mart and home depot, I'm sure walmart would even carry it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I always like to use a little chemicals as possible. I would use a wet cloth or paper towel (with as little water as possible in the rag/towel)...and see how that works.

If this doesn't get everything...then just a VERY small amount of dish soap. Not too much...otherwise everything will get soapy, slippery, and sudsy. Once the dirt is removed...wipe everything down again with that damp cloth/towel to remove any remaining loose dirt & soap.

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
On my MB which is pretty much all white. I use a Clorox wipe. The wipes sometimes are a little too wet so I wring out any excess liquid and just use that. After that I go over with a dry paper towel and wipe off any excess moisture/residue that is left behind

I do the same thing on pretty much on all my electronics. Full of bacteria and what not that needs to be wiped down. I usually do it once a week maybe twice if starts to really look dirty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I would use a paper towel or other soft cloth and spray a small amount of computer screen cleaner or water onto the towel make sure it is not drenched and lightly wipe the keyboard. make sure the computer is OFF.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.