Bad charger??

Reaction score
I have a mac powerbook ibook g4 (HATE IT!)
but anyway...the other day I plugged it up and about 15 minutes into using it..the screen went all screwy, like pink and white static..and it froze and shut off...wouldn't come back on..then realized the box on the charger was SUPER SUPER hot...

laptop wouldn't turn on without plugging it back in(had about 15 persenct battery at this point)

have plugged it back in, its working fine...but charger after less than 10 minutes is super hot again!

So Im assuming just the charger has gone bad??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's probably a good assumption. Either that or your iBook is at fault, but I would try a new charger first. Just don't use the old one anymore unless you want to set your charger and iBook on fire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
The charger would be a good place to start. If that does not work then it is most likely a hardware issue with the machine itself. Due to the age of the iBook, I would not spend the money trying to repair it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.