Emergency :(

Reaction score
Hello, i'm not sure if this is the correct place to post my issue, im sorry. But this morning my mac os x was working fine (10.6.8). I remembered about a week ago I turned off trusteers rapport from system preferences because it was taking a toll on my cpu from time to time. I had just turned it on again from system preferences, and right after I did that no applications would turn on. A bit before I turned it on though I did a download of a mod for minecraft, so I was panicking that a virus was the problem, but I doubt it. So i'm assuming it was rapport. I did some research, and it turns out rapport caused problems in internet browsers. But for me it just wasn't my browser, its EVERYTHING, well almost. Its strange. I can still run certain apps like minecraft and steam. But those are the only 2 I have found that worked. I cant open word, safari, itunes, iMovie, disk utility, activity monitor, you name it. I booted in safe mode and that seemed to fix the problem. I could open apps again, well the ones that could work as you know safe mode limits some of them. I tried repairing disk permissions and restarted, but sadly again I could not open any apps. I tried un-installing rapport, but I could not find it in my finder or anywhere. Any advice on how to fix the problem or uninstall rapport, I hope simply un-installing rapport will fix the problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you downloaded it, the image file (dmg) contained an uninstaller. Also, you could have gone to their web site and found that out. If you no longer have the uninstaller, download it again and then uninstall it. Here is a LINK with info.

OP
S
Reaction score
When you downloaded it, the image file (dmg) contained an uninstaller. Also, you could have gone to their web site and found that out. If you no longer have the uninstaller, download it again and then uninstall it. Here is a LINK with info.

OH MY GOD. It was that simple XD I was shitting bricks. I love you chscag, YOU DA MAN! woot! While i'm talking to the most helpful person on the internet, do you know my mdworker at times suddenly gobbles up my cpu. I look in activity monitor and at times it takes up to 80% of my cpu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
MDworker is like a Meta Data finder and fixer gathering all the information it needs and puts it into a readable index ~ Being Spotlight.

It does take up high CPU when its running, and if Spotlight hasn't been indexed in a while it could take up a lot for quite a bit.
So in all don't worry about it, let it do its thing and keep going on with what your doing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As Tattooed says don't worry about it and give it all a miss.

In fact don't even look in up in Activity Monitor. Then you won't worry!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.