simple note taker for Mac, iPhone & iPad

Reaction score
I'm searching for a vey simple note taker App (jotter, like for a shopping list. Just one line notes to myself) that will run on Mac, iPhone and iPad and will keep all 3 synced through iCloud. Nothing fancy and doesn't have to be free. And I don't care to use Dropbox. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Note APP that comes with iOS, and now OS X. Syncs through cloud and works great.

OP
B
Reaction score
Note APP that comes with iOS, and now OS X. Syncs through cloud and works great.

I am running OS 10.7.5 on the Mac. I do not see a "Notepad" app in the Applications list. I do have a Notepad app on iPhone on iOS 6.1.3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am running OS 10.7.5 on the Mac. I do not see a "Notepad" app in the Applications list. I do have a Notepad app on iPhone on iOS 6.1.3.

The Notes app on Mountain Lion would certainly be a 'simple' solution - but is the program available for earlier versions of OS X?

Another consideration is Evernote which has been popular for years - may not quite serve your criterion for a simple one line note jotter, but price of admission is right and worth a try? :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes, the Notes app on Mountain Lion and on iOS would probably be just fine for what I'm trying to do. But I'm still at Lion because we run a large customer database program and it does not yet work well with ML. If it did I would go to ML immediately.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Yes, the Notes app on Mountain Lion and on iOS would probably be just fine for what I'm trying to do. But I'm still at Lion because we run a large customer database program and it does not yet work well with ML. If it did I would go to ML immediately.

I use it all the time with Moutain Lion and it works great . . . With your situation, unfortunately, it isn't an option.

You might try Pages. It's quite a bit of overkill for what you need and possibly a bit kludgy, but cloud sync is an option and it has versions for Mac and iOS.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Woud go with Evernote.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.