using a PCI card via mac mini ?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
digital audio G4 /466
Hi there,
I'm still using my old Power Mac G4 /466 and a music software called DIGITAL PERFOEMER 3 by Motu. It would be great to upgrade to the latest mac Mini ( cant afford G5 yet) BUT my 8in 8 out hardware soundcard goes to a PCI 324 card. Is there an external device that can be used to bypass this need .... like the external housings you can buy for DVD burners ?

Anybody Please ... and if this is a really stupid question then enjoy a good titter at my expense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
bluesdudeo said:
Hi there,
I'm still using my old Power Mac G4 /466 and a music software called DIGITAL PERFOEMER 3 by Motu. It would be great to upgrade to the latest mac Mini ( cant afford G5 yet) BUT my 8in 8 out hardware soundcard goes to a PCI 324 card. Is there an external device that can be used to bypass this need .... like the external housings you can buy for DVD burners ?

Anybody Please ... and if this is a really stupid question then enjoy a good titter at my expense.

I've heard of external enclosures for PCI cards for PCs, but they are very expensive (like over $1,000 expensive). You would probably be better off going with a nice new Firewire audio solution. M-Audio has some nice solutions.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
digital audio G4 /466

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.