Thumbnails

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have a nagging problem with thumbnails. When i save an image from the internet, the thumbnail displays the file type on the actual thumbnail. This does not happen when i save an image that is altered in photoshop. See attached image :

Screen_Shot_2013_05_24_at_11_03_59.jpg

The thumbnail for the Die-Hard poster altered in photoshop does not display any text whereas the thumbnail for the A-Team poster saved directly from the web does display the text. I've tried different web browsers and saving to different formats but all downloaded images still display the text.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and have a fix for it please?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
I'm not sure what causes this, but I do know that this only show's up on the thumbnail, not the actual image.
I wouldn't worry to much about it if I were you :)
Probably just they way apple codes internet download opposed to saved the download's to differentiate between file types. ;)

OP
D
Reaction score
they never used to be there when i first got my mac mini. i'm just wondering if its something i've installed that is causing it, but i can't figure out what though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
As ThatGuy posted, it will be just on the Thumbnail, and to check double click and it will open In Preview and you will see that its not on the image.
I just tried this by right clicking the image then Download Image and it hasn't happened with my thumbnail, i get a clean image with nothing.

What have you downloaded lately ?? Have you ran any AppleScripts/Automator Workflows ??

What OS are you running and on what Mac ??

OP
D
Reaction score
I know it only appears on the thumbnail, i just find it annoying that its there. I'm thinking its an apple script too but i haven't downloaded one that i know of, unless it was part of a package i downloaded when i was trying something out using python. where would i find where the scripts are installed?

Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 running OS X 10.8.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I know it only appears on the thumbnail, i just find it annoying that its there. I'm thinking its an apple script too but i haven't downloaded one that i know of, unless it was part of a package i downloaded when i was trying something out using python. where would i find where the scripts are installed?

Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 running OS X 10.8.3

Use Spotlight/Finder and search for .Applescript or .scpt and see what comes up, or .app as some Applecripts are saved as Applications.
I did just found a folder at ~/Library/ and it was called Application Scripts, but i just used Spotlight and showed all my .scpt i have on my Mac.

HTH

Cheers

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, but i don't have a folder called Application scripts and spotlight didn't really find anything
i did find a folder called Scripts but i've no idea what shouldn't be in there, so not sure if this is the right place to be looking

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.