iMovie 11 letterboxing issue

Reaction score
I am using the screen recording feature in Quicktime to make some videos for a Youtube channel that I run. I have all settings the way I want, everything records fine, and when I watch the videos back within Quicktime everything looks good. Though, when I import to the video into an iMovie event to do some edits, the aspect ratio for the video somehow becomes 4:3 (It is letterboxed on the left and right sides).

I am using iMovie '11, so there does not seem to be a letterbox mode like I have seen some posts say are in previous versions of iMovie. No matter what software I use all video becomes letterboxed, I mean that not just video recorded from Quicktime are letterboxed when imported into iMovie. I found this out when I did a test with some video I previously had when I tried out Camtasia and Screenflow.

I have tried all settings inside of iMovie; not opitimizing, opitiimizing the video to large and opitimizing to full, nothing helps.

Can anyone tell me why iMovie is letter-boxing my videos?

Any help would be apprieated!

Thank you,

Techergy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.