Ipad2 touch screen stops responding

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Iphone 4, Ipad 16gb wifi, Ipod touch
Hi All

Hope i'm not posting a thread for something thats already out there, but i don't see it. My Ipad has developed a fault and i can't resolve it. The screen stops responding to touch. I have tried a complete hard reboot from iTunes, wiping everything and starting from scratch again. I felt sure it would work but sadly i'm back to square one. After turning it on it works for a few minutes, then it sloes down and then stops responding altogether. Can anyone advise me on this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ronnie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Ronnie - I own an iPad 2 myself - my first suggestion would be to 'Reset' the device, but you seem to have already performed that action. Not sure what your warranty status may be but a visit to the Apple Store might be needed at least for advice and an estimate.

Now, if you're not under warranty and the repair cost is exorbitant, then a DIY repair is possible but likely difficult - check iFixit to see what the steps & difficulty are? Good luck and let us know your solution - :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.