Problems with iCloud backup

Reaction score
For some reasons, my Calendar won't sync across my IMac, Powerbook and IPad. Perhaps a clue is given when I open my Calendar on my IMac, I get the following alert:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2013-05-23 at 8.17.37 AM.png

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have been having this problem for several days and decided to look for a fix this morning. Clearing a couple of iCal cache files seems to have fixed it for me.

Here's how I did it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just a note - you're using Yahoo's cloud services, not iCloud. ;)

The error suggests that the address used to sync the calendars is not available. It's possible that this is temporary and has nothing to do with your configuration. Try again later.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a note - you're using Yahoo's cloud services, not iCloud. ;)

The error suggests that the address used to sync the calendars is not available. It's possible that this is temporary and has nothing to do with your configuration. Try again later.

Whatever the problem was has gone on for a few days for me. No Yahoo cloud service here. Strictly iCloud.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know. I was just pointing out that the error did not seem to be tied specifically to Yahoo. In fact the thread that led me to the page I linked to above may have been in relation to Google calendar.

OP
W
Reaction score
To all who replied....

With the help each of you offered, IT NOW WORKS!! I was unaware that I was using Yahoo's cloud (this stuff is way to technical for me), but I established an ICloud account, made backup copies of the suggested files, deleted the originals, and BAZINGA, most of what I had is restored.

Thank you so much for monitoring this forum and helping an old geezer.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know. I was just pointing out that the error did not seem to be tied specifically to Yahoo. In fact the thread that led me to the page I linked to above may have been in relation to Google calendar.

Hmmm, I'm at a loss here. Have you tried removing and re-adding the account to Calendar? I know that sounds like a "blunt instrument" style fix but sometimes that works wonders. Better yet, try to add the account a second time and see if you run into a connection problem.

Reaction score
With the help each of you offered, IT NOW WORKS!! I was unaware that I was using Yahoo's cloud (this stuff is way to technical for me), but I established an ICloud account, made backup copies of the suggested files, deleted the originals, and BAZINGA, most of what I had is restored.

Thank you so much for monitoring this forum and helping an old geezer.

That's good to hear. I was also thinking when I saw your post that you're not using iCloud at all. hihihi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.