Can't connect through my ethernet cable

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been connecting easily for the past few months through an ethernet cable in my shared office.

This morning though, plug the ethernet in and no internet connection joy. In my system preferences it could see an ethernet connection - the light was green - but it would not then connect to the internet.

Everyone else in the office is connecting happily through their ethernet cable, but not me. I can connect by tethering to my iPhone - which is how I have been able to get through to here.

In my search around for answers I stupidly pressed "delete the selected service" on the green lit ethernet connect in my network preferences. So now I can't even see that ethernet connection anymore.

Many thanks in advance!

W

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you get one of your colleagues to try connecting at your desk using your cable?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.