Indexing no longer working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Seems like my indexing is out of whack. New stuff that I know is on my Mac no longer shows up in index searches. How can I fix?

OS X 10.6.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Get Onyx for Snow Leopard. Install, tick and run everything on the automation tab. It'll reset your spotlight cache and rebuild it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Where's the automation tab - verify, maintenance or cleaning?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You're not seeing the whole interface. Did you enter your password on startup when prompted?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
If you are having difficulty with OnyX (which is a great fix-it app and much applauded on the Forums), there is another way.

Go into Preferences>Spotlight>Privacy Tab. Then drag your HD from the desktop into the box. Leave it for a few seconds and then highlight the HD and use the "minus" symbol to remove it again from the privacy box. This will force your Mac to create a new Spotlight Index.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.