Data dropping off on the iPhone4s

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I was simply wondering if any of you have had, and know of a fix, for an issue that my wife is having with her iPhone 4s.

Frequently, the 4s appears to "drop" its data connection. We are on AT&T. This tends to happen most frequently indoors, such as restaurants, but has happened at random times too. The thing about it is, my phone never has any problems when hers stops working, so I'm loathe to blame it entirely on AT&T (although I certainly will if I need to).

Typically a reboot will correct the phone, but not always. Most recently, we returned to our home (from about 10 miles away) and when we walked into the house and the phone reconnected to our WiFi her missed calls, messaging and data alerts (email, etc) immediately came in.

This was the first time I had ever seen the phone function itself not work during this issue.

Has anyone ever seen this with the 4s? What was the remedy? I'm just trying to figure out if I should start with Apple or AT&T. The phone has Applecare, so if there's something wrong with the handset then I'd like to have it replaced.

Again, thanks for your time.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try turning off 3G in settings, general, network. See if running on EDGE will help the issues with dropping your signal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.