Help with updating software

Reaction score
Hello, first here's the specs on my macbook pro.
OSX 10.6.8 2.66 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

Maybe someone can help me with an annoying problem. Every time I go to Software update, i get the error message, "Software update is only available to the standard local administrator account." The thing is that i am the only administrator listed on the accounts window. I think the problem may have started when i created the current admin account and erased the original admin account. I downloaded the 10.6.8 update and installed manually but I'd like to try to fix this problem. Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Sounds really weird, are you bele to create a new admin account? To be honest sems you system might be kind of messed up so might be good anyway.

OP
H
Reaction score
Not the same names. I think the system is messed up. Is there a way to re-install without losing all the music and software on the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the Snow Leopard disc and run installer. This will take the version back to OS X.6, or whatever the DVD may be. Then update using the Combo Updater. Fingers crossed. Had you interfered with the Home Folder by any chance?

From your post it does not seem like you are using an external drive cloned with your operating system and files? Vitally important these days with such large operating systems and applications.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.