iMac speakers damaged?

adz

Reaction score
My 2010 imac is making a random static/clicking sound is is really evident and annoying when playing music. Might happen every 5 seconds, make it the song music sound like it's skipping or something.
Unplugged my external speakers and the imac internal speakers were still transmitting the sound so it's not my speakers.

Have no idea what to do.
Obviously very annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
Then is it the song? Find a different version of it on something like youtube.com or iTunes, see if it's the same problem.

If it is then it's most likely a hardware problem. Id take it in to get checked out

OP
A

adz

Reaction score
No, it's not the song, it's being caused by the imac as i've tested it with both external speakers and the built in ones.
Any suggestions?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I think Thatguy16 is trying to rule out is the possibility that the music file is the source of the problem. Not likely but worth a check anyway. Does the same sound happen if you are on something like Pandora or Youtube and playing songs?

Also, are you running the demo versions of any software? Some audio-related software for instance adds static to the music played till you buy the full version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.