Fastest way to transfer music to iphone?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's the fastest way to transfer music into any version iphone please and is there a bigger HDD size than 64gb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
iTunes and no

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's part of my signature, it's on all my posts, and those of others.

On the forums there's a reputation system where you can 'thank' someone for helping by clicking on the icon (highlighted below on the attached image). The more feedback you get the more little blue dots you get on the left panel underneath your post count.

rep.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You can have iTunes Match turned on with all your music in the Cloud and then Music is on your iPhone where ever, whenever IF you have access to either WiFi or the phones data through a plan from a phone company.
64gb is the biggest, but I'm betting there will be bigger soon . . . . Although i think 64GB is enough for a iPhone, but could be happy with 128gb on my iPad Mini

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Match doesn't stream to iOS devices though, it downloads them to the device. While a slight difference, it's probably important to keep in mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Match doesn't stream to iOS devices though, it downloads them to the device. While a slight difference, it's probably important to keep in mind.

Although it does start playing them as you download, so it effectively does the same as streaming. The main difference being they stay on your device as they play rather than being discarded as with pure streaming services.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Although it does start playing them as you download, so it effectively does the same as streaming. The main difference being they stay on your device as they play rather than being discarded as with pure streaming services.

Sure, but this is an important distinction to know... if you (as I do) have many times more audio files than the device can hold.

I actually like the streaming service, since my laptop does not have to retain any of the music locally... I would start running out of disk space ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
My music on my Mac are located into many folders with names like "Dance, Reggae, Rock, Pop, R&B" e.t.c, what I need is the fastest way to transfer any of my folders of music into an iphone, ipod or ipad and be able to locate and play the music from their folders exactly like the way I can on my Mac using VDJ or Serato. Thing is I don't want to use itunes, that freakin software may work for you guys but it frustrates the **** out of me so guys, what's best for me here please? I apologize for not having stated this bit of info in my OP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are four ways to get content onto your iPhone.
1. Sync content from an iTunes library
2. Download direct to the device
3. Connect to iTunes, but rather than sync just drag content into a suitable app.
4. Connect wirelessly to the iPhone from your Mac/PC via http and copy content.

It depends on how much you want to avoid iTunes vs your speed requirements.

Option 1 seems to be a non-starter for you.... but see below

Option 2 isn't applicable if you have existing content.

Option 3 means having an app that supports local storage and appears in the Apps page when your phone is connected. You drag your content into the app and it's copied onto the device without 'syncing' with the library. This is the fastest way between 3 & 4.

Option 4 means you don't need iTunes at all but the transfer will be slower over http/wifi (see apps like Air Sharing or File Browser for example)

Option 3 & 4 won't use the built in Music App so you'll need to find a Music player app you like that supports transfers in one of those ways.

I can understand your reticence at using iTunes. Sometimes it can feel like it's out to get you.

But...... I'd suggest if you want to keep the system you have now you can setup iTunes not to manage your library and just leave your folder structure where it is. This means the tracks appear in iTunes but it won't move or re-organise them. Then create a playlist for each folder of content.
Then sync your iPhone with selected playlists - So now, each playlist will represent a folder.
This way you have fast, managed syncing, you keep your folder control.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking the time for that lengthy explanation but I don't even want itunes on my system. Essentially what I am seeking is an easy "windows" method of transferring my folders or individual tunes to an iphone, ipod and ipad. I have been searching the net and have found utilities or software such as:

How to Transfer Music to iPod without iTunes - iMobie Guide

so I am guessing there is no way to drag and drop like in windows? If not, then is there one software available which will easily do the transferring between computer and all 3 [iphone, ipod and ipad] instead of having to find separate softwares for each? It doesn't have to me a Mac software, a windows software which will do all 3 will be fine, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can't drag and drop onto an iPhone, iPad or iPod on Windows or other OS without having iTunes installed because the file system isn't mounted like a USB mass storage device.

Even apps like iExplorer and DeTune require iTunes to be installed. I don't know of any way to do what you want outside of the methods I've described earlier.

Perhaps someone else knows differently and can suggest otherwise.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, so I will need to use a software utility for each of them, that narrows it down, thanks for helping!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not quite sure that's what I meant....

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, this simplifies things for me as if I cannot drag and drop like in windows and I don't want to use itunes then my only options are to find a software which will allow me to do what I need and if I cannot find just one software for either windows or mac which can transfer files to and from the 3 devices then I will look for separate softwares which will allow me to do what I am seeking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Spending a little time getting to know iTunes and setting it up properly will save hours of frustration and band-aiding later. I have my iTunes set up and running and syncing between my iPhone, iPad, 2 Mac's and a Win7 machine. Yes, I spent time getting everything set up (nearly an entire afternoon) but now, I can easily transfer music, shows, apps, movies between all the devices so easily it isnt even funny. AND, I can use any of the 3 PCs to add movies, music, shows into my library and it all sits on a NAS disk on my network. I even connect my 2 Apple TVs to it for movies, music and shows all the time. I have over 1000 episodes of shows, 500 movies and upwards of 2500 albums, so it is working just fine.

Say what you want about iTunes, but once set up, it runs great. Learn it, you will love it. Runs so much better than my old Media Center 2005 PC ever did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, this simplifies things for me as if I cannot drag and drop like in windows and I don't want to use itunes then my only options are to find a software which will allow me to do what I need and if I cannot find just one software for either windows or mac which can transfer files to and from the 3 devices then I will look for separate softwares which will allow me to do what I am seeking.

As I've explained above, what you want to do and the way you want to do it can't be done in a completely iTunes free way. Neither on Windows or in OSX. This is true to the best of my knowledge. I've been around the block a few times and have never come across a completely iTunes-less drag and drop scenario that you're after.

I've you or someone does find a way, I hope it gets posted back here for others to find. But I do fear you'll be chasing your tail.

OP
M
Reaction score
I've tried and tried and tried different versions of itunes guys and it just did not work for me no matter how many youtube videos and online tutorials and even itunes forum I went to looking for help, I have friend who uses itunes and seems to know his way around it very well and it works for him but he tried on my mac and pc and it just would not work, we always seems to have one issue or another, not to mention the multitude of people over the net who can't get itunes to work properly so it's not just me. Simply put I am simply fedup of trying with it, everyone has a boiling point, I've reached mine but glad it works for my friend and you guys and whoever else.

So, since even the basic of tasks with itunes which is importing my folders into it is not working and no one can figure out why, I have no choice but to look for some other way, hope I have explained this situation clearly?

So my intention is to try out these softwares to see if it will work properly:

Free Senuti for Windows 7 / Vista / XP PC to Rip iPod iPhone Music

iPhone Transfer Software - Sync iPhone and computer without iTunes

Any of you guys ever used them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Senuti only copies from devices not to devices.

Can't get the other link to work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.