Bonjour tutorial?

Reaction score
My wife and I each have iMacs running OS 10.6.8. The computers are wireless now to our two printers. I would like to be able to ask her a question in a chat-like manner, and receive her reply when it's ready. I imagine the Bonjour facility will do this, but I am having trouble setting it up. Is there any tutorial that will help me get this wireless chat set up? Or is there some alternative software that will do this simple function?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Do you mean an instant message client?

I'm just a little confused by the printer reference. . . .

OP
E
Reaction score
Bonjour tutorial

I guess IM is the proper word. I'm an old coot and have never played such modern games.

The printer reference was just my way of saying that the two computers were already connected wirelessly through the router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's likely you already have iChat but you could look to kouchat or Pidgin or Google Talk or Skype or one of many others.

kouchat and pidgin are 'serverless' so just work over your home network. The others require internet access .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.